Saturday, September 24, 2011

MISSION: DEFINITELY POSSIBLE!

     So I've realized recently, that all my life, writing is something I've always enjoyed and wanted to do.  I think at 29 years old, I just realized why I never understood when everyone else complained about writing a paper or having essay questions on tests, lol.  They never had enough to say.  My only problem was, "How am I going to put my answer in THAT  little space?!"  Now I get it.  I love writing, and always wanted to impress the teachers by getting my point across. 

     Now I'm all grown up and still want to get my point across, and still feel this burning, yearning, leaping inside my heart to write.  Write what, though?  It's part of what I'd love doing for a living.  You know how we all have that something we would do for a living instead of our actual job if we could?  Yeah.  Well for me, that's writing.  Or a big part of it anyway.  I have millions of things running through my head to write about, at all times.  Even as I write this.  The only problem?  Oh...I've just been scared.  Scared you won't care about what I write.  Scared that the first thing you read by me won't be my best, and will turn you, (and everyone else), off from ever reading anything I write again, and thus you'll miss what really is my best one yet, stopping the word from getting out about how good it was.  Or scared of offending you.  I never want to do that.  Then you might say how bad my blog is, or get the complete wrong impression about me, and we'd never get the chance to meet and talk about it.  Of course, it all balls down to not wanting to have a faux pas in anything I do.

     So here it is.  Another blog.  I'm putting everything on the line.  The fear of failure is just going to have to go away.  Just like anyone else who has ever done anything great, they had to start somewhere.  If all my writing ever does is give one person a chuckle, or lets somebody know they are not alone in the way they think, or gets someone to scratch their head and say, "Hmm, I never thought of that", and gives them a new idea, GREAT!  My mission is accomplished.  Hopefully, one day my writing will help change the world.  I believe if I keep stepping out and writing, that change just might be beginning right now.  Maybe someone else realized they are not the only one who woke up this morning scared to put themselves out there and put their dreams on the line.  It all starts somewhere.  A million sayings come to mind right now.  "You have to crawl before you can walk."  Don't believe me?  Why don't you come visit?  I'll let you see my little 11 week old son who I know will be able to run track later in life if he chooses to, but last night, he was just making his first attempts to learn to crawl. 

     That's all I have for now.  I hope you laughed or scratched, or something.  If you've read this far, thanks a million!  Today is a great day, and I hope you get to enjoy it!!  God bless you in all you do!  Feel free to comment and tell us what your dreams are, and what is your progress in accomplishing them.  Again, thanks a million, and have a great day!      

2 comments:

  1. Very good my friend!! Whew!! I'm excited to see what springs forth from your life through this blog. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is, wow, I'm so proud of you, and you're so right about us being afraid, causing us to never step out and act. This is a very good start for you, and I, for one, will continue to read! And remember, be assertive :)

    ReplyDelete